29 Jan 2009

Web 2.0 tools for ESL/EFL teaching

Nowadays, our students are digital natives, that is, "children who were born into and raised in the digital world", children who spend a lot of time surfing on the net, chatting with their friends, playing computer games... This is not learning, but what about changing this? What about teaching them to use the tools they can find on the net to learn English?

I am sure that if every student could use these tools in order to learn English and acquire knowledge, not only at school but also at home, anywhere, his language would improve very quickly. The teacher's role is to help students to be more independent, to reach their goals in their learning process and this can be done teaching them to use web 2.0 tools in an appropriate way because this is the new 21st century literacy.

5 comments:

I am so thrilled with all the links on this page that I stayed for more than 10 minutes twittering.

Excellent! How was your exams?

Success with languages

Hahaha Hannie,
How are you? Thanks a lot for your comment. I hope the links are useful for you!! I did my exams quite well, better than I expected!!

I have been following your blog for sometime... though this is my first comment here.

Thought would drop by and send you some flashcards which I have found interesting.

I like your blog! It is so nice that you want to share so many interesting things!

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More